Happy New Year! Welcome to the season of Advent. As a counterpoint to the holiday rush we slow down and reflect on the coming of Jesus. We practice waiting; waiting for Jesus. Remembering Jesus coming at Christmas. Waiting for Jesus to come at the end of time. And especially watching for Jesus coming into our lives each moment. We, children of God, bring God’s kingdom on earth through joining God in healing our broken world. Come, Lord Jesus, come!
Using the information from conversations with the congregation about our assets, wows and needs, the renewal team discerned these principles for Trinity moving forward. We will use these principles as lens through which to evaluate ministry opportunities moving forward.
- Passionate about God
- Feeding the hungry physically, emotionally and spiritually
- Open, welcoming and friendly
- Courage to creatively use our gifts in the community
The renewal team also identified these current priorities for ministry for Trinity
- Internal: Renew and deepen our connection with each other in the family
- External: Renew and deepen our connection with our neighbors in the community and continue working with the Food Pantry
A new worship video is added: Second Sunday in Advent, Dec. 5th
At our core we are passionate about God. God’s love anchors who we are and compels us to move out in service sharing Christ in word and deed. Check out the newsletter frequently for opportunities to serve.
Adopt a Family for Christmas
The family is a Mom, Grandmom and 2 girls: 18 months and 8 months. These are the gifts and food that still need to be donated. Please call the office (717-597-9348) and let them know you are choosing one or several items and we will take them off the website. Please wrap and label your gifts and have them to the church by Dec 19. Food items don’t need to be wrapped.
- 4 dinner plates: Corelle Winter Frost – White
- 4 lunch plates: Corelle Winter Frost – White
- 4 cereal bowls: Corelle Winter Frost – White
- Set of 4 utensils: Forks, Spoon, Knives
- Toy makes noise for 8 Mth old
- Instant Mashed Potatoes
- 2 cans corn
- 2 cans green beans
Joining our neighbors at Heritage Christmas
(Sign up on the bulletin board or call the office at 717-597-9348)
- Sign up to donate cookies (Week after Thanksgiving)
- Sign up to volunteer to bag cookies (Friday, Dec 3 at 2)
- Sign up to volunteer to be at a table (Dec 3 from 5:30 – 8:30)
We gather in the sanctuary at 10AM.
On-line Worship is offered on Sundays at 10AM via Facebook Live. The worship services will be downloaded after the services to YouTube (click on TLC Greencastle PA) and can also be accessed on this website.
Renewal is in the air!
Trinity is renewing with God’s help through the R3 intentional program of renewal.
- Beginning in Feb 2021, Members of the renewal team will meet with various teams and committees challenging them to find a way for us to connect with one another or our neighbors. The team will provide tools for planning.
- Call the office or comment on Facebook each week sharing where you’ve seen God.
Hold onto your hat! The Holy Spirit is moving at Trinity.
Trinity is moving forward! We now have a Vision AND a Logo.
Trinity is a congregation who continues to:
- Trust God
- Love and Connect with God and each other.
- Reaching out to all God’s children
so that we continue to Share Christ in Word and Deed.
Come and experience the love of God in Christ Jesus with us.
. . . A Place to Worship . . .
. . . A Place to Grow in Your Faith . . .
. . . A Place to Use Your God Given Gifts In New Ways!
If you’re curious about what a truly nurturing community of believers is like, then you should come to the Join Us section to find out how you can get involved. We look forward to welcoming you in our fellowship.
Trinity Lutheran Church
1186 Jason Drive, Greencastle, PA 17225
Sunday Worship at 10 am;
Sunday School for all ages:
9:00 am (except June-August)
When Visiting Trinity You Can Expect
- A warm and welcoming environment
- Structured worship with Biblical and relevant preaching
- 10 AM Worship on Sunday
- Blended Traditional and Contemporary/Informal Music style
- Celebration of Holy Communion every Sunday.
- Educational opportunities for all ages at 9:00 a.m (except June – August)
- A follow-up visit by someone from the congregation and an invitation to return