Join us for the Feb 24 Midweek Lent Worship. We are called to the holy work of Lent to deepen and enrich our relationship with God through the spiritual practices of prayer, generous giving and fasting.
Using the information from conversations with the congregation about our assets, wows and needs, the renewal team discerned these principles for Trinity moving forward. We will use these principles as lens through which to evaluate ministry opportunities moving forward.
- Passionate about God
- Feeding the hungry physically, emotionally and spiritually
- Open, welcoming and friendly
- Courage to creatively use our gifts in the community
The renewal team also identified these current priorities for ministry for Trinity
- Internal: Renew and deepen our connection with each other in the family
- External: Renew and deepen our connection with our neighbors in the community and continue working with the Food Pantry
TRINITY FEEDS THE HUNGRY – Food Collection March 14
We are called by Jesus to help our neighbors experiencing food insecurity
- Bags will be distributed at homes in the neighborhoods of Antrim Meadows, Shadow Creek and Town and Country on Sunday, March 7.
- Please fill the bags with non-perishable food and place it on your porch or front step on Sunday, March 14. Volunteers will pick up the filled bags around 11AM.
- If you would like to participate and live outside these neighborhoods, Trinity has a box for the food pantry outside the front door under the portico; it is checked daily.
- Curbside drop-off is available on March 14 from 11AM – noon.
A new worship video is added: Wednesday Midweek Service: Feb 24, 2021
We will gather in-sanctuary for worship beginning February 21, 2021 at 10AM.
On-line Worship will continue to be offered on Sundays at 10AM via Facebook Live. The worship services will be downloaded after the services to YouTube (click on TLC Greencastle PA) and can also be accessed on this website.
Guidelines for returning created by the Worship and Music Team and approved by Council are as follows:
- If you have a temperature or are sick, please do not attend the worship service.
- There will be no nursery.
- All materials have been removed from the pews.
- The worship space will be cleaned and sanitized weekly.
- The pews are marked by tape to ensure social distancing. Sit where the space is empty of tape. Family groups may sit together.
- Ushers will be stationed in the entrance to the hallway near a table with bulletins and pre-packaged Communion kits. There will be trash cans available as you exit.
- Masks covering nose and mouth are required by all who enter the building. There will be masks available for those who forget theirs.
- Hand sanitizers are available at the entrances to the sanctuary. Please use it before entering the sanctuary.
- We will hum and pray the songs.
- Unison speaking is to be at a reduced voice level.
- The offering plate will be placed at the entrance to the sanctuary. Collection plates will not be passed.
- Ushers will dismiss the congregation to help maintain social distancing.
- Please exit the narthex and greet friends and family in the parking lot.
Renewal is in the air!
Trinity is renewing with God’s help through the R3 intentional program of renewal.
- Beginning in Feb 2021, Members of the renewal team will meet with various teams and committees challenging them to find a way for us to connect with one another or our neighbors. The team will provide tools for planning.
- Call the office or comment on Facebook each week sharing where you’ve seen God.
Hold onto your hat! The Holy Spirit is moving at Trinity.
Trinity is moving forward! We now have a Vision AND a Logo.
Trinity is a congregation who continues to:
- Trust God
- Love and Connect with God and each other.
- Reaching out to all God’s children
so that we continue to Share Christ in Word and Deed.
Come and experience the love of God in Christ Jesus with us.
. . . A Place to Worship . . .
. . . A Place to Grow in Your Faith . . .
. . . A Place to Use Your God Given Gifts In New Ways!
If you’re curious about what a truly nurturing community of believers is like, then you should come to the Join Us section to find out how you can get involved. We look forward to welcoming you in our fellowship.
Trinity Lutheran Church
1186 Jason Drive, Greencastle, PA 17225
Sunday Worship at 10 am; Fellowship begins 9:15 am
Sunday School for all ages:
8:30 am (except June-August)
When Visiting Trinity You Can Expect
- A warm and welcoming environment
- Structured worship with Biblical and relevant preaching
- 10 AM Worship on Sunday
- Blended Traditional and Contemporary/Informal Music style
- Celebration of Holy Communion every Sunday.
- A time of fellowship to connect with others before service at 9:15 AM
- Educational opportunities for all ages at 8:30 a.m (except June – August)
- A follow-up visit by someone from the congregation and an invitation to return